Monday, October 15, 2012

THE MAGNIFYING GLASS


I was honored with the love and support of so many of you that attended the "Dinner For Life & Song For Your Heart” the Annual Benefit Dinner for HFS on Thursday night.
10-11-12.  Great team work done by the volunteers and board.

 I'm always amazed at what God does,  let alone that He let’s us witness it.

 We witnessed the Spirit move powerfully.  He pricked hearts.   

 He brought new friends as well as those that continue to be faithful to this ministry. I am excited to get to know everyone better.

 I believe God was honored and thus we are blessed.  

Thank you again for making the commitment with us as we look to God and His Spirit to enable us to Isaiah 61:3-4 through Heartfelt Family Services.   It's exciting to move forward!

I pray you experience the power of the Holy Spirit in your life today.

We love you Lord and praise you today for who You are....amen.....deborah

I would like to share this with you:

FASTING & THE MAGNIFYING GLASS:

When I held the magnifying glass up to an object, I could see details that I couldn’t possibly see with the normal vision. For me, one of the benefits of fasting is it allows you to see God in a much closer way. It doesn’t make Him any bigger than He already is, but it enlarges your view, allowing you to see things about Him that you might not normally see.

After participating in a multiple of fasts, I believe these are the most compelling reasons for fasting:

1.    Fasting enables the Holy Spirit to reveal your true spiritual condition.

2.    Fasting helps form a separation between what you want and what you need.

3.    Fasting stirs a hunger in your spirit that goes deeper than temporary hunger for food.

4.    Assignments are revealed through fasting.

5.    Fasting prepares you for what is ahead.

6.    Fasting requires faith.

7.    There is usually a spiritual objective to be accomplished.

8.    Fasting can restore the loss of the “first love” and result in a more intimate relationship with Christ.

9.    Fasting is a biblical way to truly humble yourself in the sight of God.

10.  Fasting can result in a dynamic personal revival in your life.

In Matthew 6, Jesus says, “When you fast, don’t put on a sad face like the hypocrites. They make their faces look sad to show people they are fasting. I tell you the truth, those hypocrites already have their full reward. So when you fast, comb your hair and wash your face. Then people will not know that you are fasting, but your Father, whom you cannot see, will see you. Your Father sees what is done in secret, and he will reward you.”

Fasting possesses great power. If practiced with the right intention, it creates an intimacy with God and definitely allows you to see Him in a closer way.

I would love to hear your thoughts on fasting.

1 comment:

  1. Deb,

    Thank you for your post on fasting. For years, I thought that fasting was an option as a Believer. It was not until a friend of mine fasted for me in what I considered a practically hopeless situation--that then turned a 180 and had God's fingerprint all over the healing process the SAME DAY she fasted specifically for this event--that I realized the power in fasting and that it was NOT an option for a believer! If we read Matthew 6:18 where Jesus says, "and when you fast, do not look gloomy..." Notice Jesus says "when" and not "if". In this same chapter known as the Beatitudes, Jesus teaches on the 3 duties of every Christian--to give, to pray, and to fast. When these 3 are practiced together in the life of the believer, it is a 3-fold cord not easily broken--and nothing is impossible! Since then, fasts have been a part of my spiritual walk and as a result, it has moved me into a deeper, more intimate relationship with my Savior!

    ReplyDelete